, founder and principal of Development Research Systems
, has been providing custom prospect research services to non-profits since 1981. She specializes in:
- In-depth profiles that help organizations to make meaningful connections with prospective donors.
- Snapshot profiles that help organizations refine and organize their goals and requirements for additional research.
- Prospect research training that allows institutions to do their own research.
Todays successful fundraisers
understand that donor research is key to building mutually rewarding relationships with the people they are cultivating. They rely on expert prospect researchers
like Elaine Lotto
to help them lay the foundation.
As early as 1933, John D. Rockefeller, Jr.
understood the importance of biographical research and explained it in a speech to the Citizens Family Welfare Committee of New York City:
It is a great help to know something about the person whom you are approaching. You cannot deal successfully with all people the same way. Therefore, it is desirable to find out something about the person you are going towhat his interests are, whether you have any friends in common, whether he gave last year, if so, how much, what he might be able to give this year, etc. Information such as this puts you more closely in touch with him and makes the approach easier.
Why Use Development Research Systems?
- Experience. As the oldest prospect research firm in the country, Elaine Lotto has the benefit of over 25 years of experience and access to the most sophisticated tools in the industry.
- Eliminate additional staff. We can fill your research needs without increasing your current staff or investing in expensive resources.
- Augment busy offices. Outsourcing research to DRS, even if you have a researcher on staff, can be useful during busy periods, such as before a major event or trip or during someones vacation or maternity leave.
- No geographic boundaries. With effective use of e-mail, fax, phone, and regular mail, DRS works with clients across the United States and internationally. DRS clients extend from Maine to Florida, into the Midwest and even Australia.
Contact Elaine Lotto today to explore
how she can help you
with your donor research or training needs.